Four – 1 ½ ” thick cut Steaks (serves 4-6. Depending on cut of steak)
1/8 cup extra virgin olive oil
2 Tbsp finely chopped parsley, thyme and/or other favorite fresh herbs
Fleur De Sel (finishing salt) and Fresh Ground black pepper to taste
- Pre-heat Grill to 225 degrees. Set up indirect, using platesetter, and add pre-soaked Hickory Chips just before adding steaks (1 cup)
- Take steaks out of the refrigerator at least 30 minutes before cooking, then season steaks with your favorite grill rub (10 minutes before cooking)
- Place steaks on indirect heat, turning/moving every 10 minutes for even heating.
- Pull off of the heat when internal steak temperature reaches 115-120 degrees.
- Let steaks rest (loosely tented in foil) for 10-15 minutes. (internal temp should rise to 120-125 degrees)
- Take out platesetter, and get grill to 500 degrees or higher for direct grilling.
- Grill steaks direct and flip every 30-45 seconds. Do this for 3-4 minutes (6-8 flips)
- Let steaks rest on a Concave Cutting Board and toss with board dressing. Loosely tent with foil, put thermometer in, and watch temp as it carries over… pull foil off if internal temp goes over 133 degrees…Let steaks rest for 10-15 minutes before slicing.